* NCT on Continuity *
OC/NC continuity exists in the Person of Jesus. He’s in the OC shadows and then comes forth in NC glory (Col.2.17; Heb.8.5; 10.1; 2Cor.3.10). ALL of Scripture is the revelation of Jesus (Lk.24.27; Acts3.22; Jn.5.46).
* NCT on Discontinuity *
ALL prior covenantal form/function is transformed (reformed – Heb.9.10; 7.12; Jer.31.31-34) in the Person of Jesus, who is the New Covenant himself (Isa.42.6; 49.6,8; Zec.9.11; Lk.22.20; Heb.13.20).
* NCT on OC Law *
1) Provoked sin/Promised life
2) Represented Adam
3) Prefigured Christ (then)
4) Incarnate in Christ (now)
* NCT on CT *
1) CT emphasis = continuity of covenants
2) NCT emphasis = FULFILLMENT in Christ!
* NCT on God’s one eternal purpose *
1) Fulfilled in Jesus (Eph.3.11)
2) Fully revealed thru Jesus (Eph.1.9-10)
Jesus is our covenant and our law, just as he is our union and our righteousness.