Another informative and refreshing program at the White Horse Inn: Election & Declaring Independence
The boys’ discussion pertained to :
1) Election: It is in the Bible…everyone believes it — in some sense
2) Electing: Who is doing it? (see Rom.8.28-30 – “called according to his purpose” not according to ‘foreknowledge’)
3) Reprobation: The result of Adam’s work — Now man’s birth right and will
Election: On the basis of Christ’s work — God had to do all that pertains to salvation
4) Modern Western Struggle w/ Sovereignty: In a climate of Independency — “Hey, wait a minute; I did at least a little something right!”
5) ‘Christ choosing you’ & ‘You choosing Christ’: It’s both, with the latter as the fruit of the former – see Jn.1.12-13; Eph.2.8-10; Phil.2.12-13 — We believe because He has made us willing and able to do so…thru the Gospel.
6) Salvation (from ‘east to west’) is from the Lord — Just as there’s ‘no where’ and ‘no place’ that God is not Creator, so too, there’s no where in the believer’s faith that He’s not the Creator of New Life.